How to Balance Blogging Into Your Busy Schedule
“I’m too busy to write a blog post.”
“I already have a full-time job – how can I possibly write a blog?”
“I’m not a writer. It would take me hours to write a blog.”
“I don’t know how to blog.”
We’ve heard ALL the excuses, and the truth is…we get it. Blogging can be a time-consuming venture, and it’s easy to have a blog page but forget about it. However, I cannot stress how important blogging is for your dental practice for many reasons:
- It’s good for your SEO because it provides Google with fresh content, giving your website a heartbeat
- You get more visibility, more leads, more links, and more indexed pages (which search engines LOVE!)
- It builds trust and credibility with your potential patients
- It adds a human touch to your business
- It gives users relevant and timely information
It’s simple: You cannot afford to ignore blogging as a part of your marketing – you could be losing out on potential patients!
“But Mel, I’m too busy. I don’t have the time to blog.”
I hear you! That’s why in this blog, I’ll give you some tips, tools, and resources to help balance blogging into your already super busy schedule, whether you’re a dentist, dental office manager, or any other role in the practice.
Set up an editorial calendar.
An editorial calendar is just a fancy way of saying to get out your calendar and plan out your blog topics and set deadlines to publish them.
For example, if you’re running a teeth whitening promotion for a month, plan to publish two blog posts for that month to promote it. Setting those deadlines will help you feel accountable, make the time, and plan what to write ahead of time.
By setting up an editorial calendar, blogging won’t be at the back of your mind. Instead, it’ll give your blog direction and shows a level of professionalism because your potential patients will see fresh, new posts on a consistent basis.
Plan your topics ahead of time.
You have your deadlines set when to post your blogs, but what the heck are you going to write about? Well, you can blog about almost anything!
- Did you complete a smile design case?
- Is there a service you’re trying to promote?
- Did you and your team go to a community event together?
Blog about it! With your editorial calendar, you can plan your blog topics days, weeks, and months ahead of time. Not only will you have a plan, but you don’t have to start fresh – you already know what to write about.
Still unsure what to blog about? There are many tools out there to help get your creative juices flowing:
- Blog Ideas Generator from Hubspot
- Quora – a great way to see what your potential audience wants to know
To help get you started, here are some blog topics you can start with to retain your blog’s value in the long run:
- Five FAQs about Root Canals
- How to Brush & Floss Your Teeth Properly (BONUS: Record it on video!)
- The Benefits of Dental Implants (BONUS: Include before and after photos)
- Foods to Avoid to Keep Your Smile Healthy
- Tips to Make Your Child’s First Dental Visit a Success
- 3 Reasons Straight Teeth Matter
Assign blog topics to your team.
Hey doc, you don’t need to do all of the legwork! Assign blog topics to your team members to help balance the workload. Maybe your dental assistant loves to write or your office manager blogs as a hobby!
Those who blog frequently receive 67% more leads than those who don’t blog. In other words: If your blog succeeds, your team succeeds!
At your next team meeting, come up with a plan (don’t forget to use your handy-dandy editorial calendar!) and assign the topics your team can write about. This helps take the pressure off you to blog about everything. In fact, your team may have some amazing topics to write about!
Download your FREE social media & blogging toolkit
It can be hard to write a blog. Never fear! Roadside Dental Marketing has the tips and tools for you to get your blogging (and social media!) on a roll. Download this free toolkit, where you’ll learn:
- Easy-peasy ways to boost your SEO
- How to attract new patients with fun, engaging content
- Simple step-by-step instructions: How to Write a Blog Post
- 30 days of blogging ideas
- A marketing checklist to get your entire team involved with marketing!
Free Download: Blogging & Social Media Toolkit
VIDEO: How to post a blog on your website.
The most popular blogging platform out there is WordPress, and it’s insanely easy to use (seriously!).
Watch this video to get the step-by-step guide to publishing your very first blog post:
Get out there and start blogging!
You’re busy – you do have a dental practice to run for crying out loud! But, it’s important not to ignore your blog. At Roadside Dental Marketing, we can give you the tools and resources to make your blog a dynamite force on Google.
What an amazing blog! It is really helpful and insightful.
Thanks, Coleen! Let us know if there are other topics or marketing tips you would like us to write about!
This blog is helpful.
This blog is helpful.