How to Take Advantage of Social Partnerships
With hundreds of different methods to market your business, how do you know which ones are the right tactics for you? There is a way you can get more customers without spending a fortune on advertising, and that’s developing social partnerships.
Cultivating social partnerships within your local community could be the difference between staying stagnant and getting those new customers.
Why social partnerships?
In the past, shaking hands was the primary way to meet new people and develop business relationships. Since the dawn of the digital age, shaking hands has gone digital. We’re referring to social media.
If used correctly, social media can be a powerful tool. It allows you to create casual relationships with local businesses without the pressure of forging an official partnership. In turn, you get exposure via social media to your public.
How can you do this? It’s easier than you think!
- Cross promote and share the content the local business is posting
- Tag a local business on your social media posts
- Use hashtags relevant to the local business
- Create original, unique content raving about the local business and share it on social media (don’t forget to tag them!)
- Reach out to the local business and ask if they will share your blog/social media post
- Run online contests using their products as the prizes
There are countless ways to help develop social partnerships that are cost effective and will increase your social media investment.
What do you need to do next?
- Know Your Audience: You must have an understanding of who your audience is. For example, if your business offers teeth whitening, someone interested in that would most likely already have purchased a toothbrush or toothpaste. So a good fit for a partnership could be a local independent drugstore.
- Think Beyond the Consumer: Don’t be stuck in the branding-consumer relationship. That’s only one part of the puzzle. Developing a trusting relationship with your customer evolves beyond that. Tapping into a vast market of potential partners can lead to reaching more customers than you could ever have achieved on your own.
- Understand Partnerships are a Two-Way Street: For any partnership to work, both sides must come out ahead. Discuss with any potential connection what benefit(s) you can bring to them, and them to you.
Take the initiative and start shaking hands
Any social media connection can become a valuable social partner if nurtured correctly. You need to take the initiative and shake their hands to start the process.
As your partners in marketing, Roadside Dental Marketing is here to help! Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any advice to help your business grow in social partnerships.