Introducing your roadmap to success.
Before we can start crafting your brand new website, you’ll need to gather and send us your most important assets. On the Welcome Call, we will review the Website Checklist (which contains the assets we will need), set a timeline for when you’ll be able to provide everything, as well as, answer any questions you may have.
Scroll down for a whole host of helpful information, tips, and quick links (and remember to download your Website Checklist!).
If you don’t have much of these yet, keep these tips and tools in mind! Start gathering, and we can always add to your site in the future.
Survey 1 will discuss the nuts and bolts of your company i.e. office address, services list, etc. This can easily be done by the Office Manager or can be assigned to your right-hand man.
Doc + Team Bio(s) Survey
Please note, we need your logo in a vector file format: .ai or .eps.
Aren’t sure what that means? Ask your printer! They should have a copy of it.
What if you’ve received your logo but can’t open it? It’s ok. Just send it over. You most likely need a special design program to open it.
New Logo Creation
You’ll work directly with our expert designers to create a personal brand and identity that will be memorable, compelling, and visually represent your unique practice.
We’ll enhance and adapt your existing logo concept while updating it for today’s responsive website technology. With small revisions – like new fonts and colors – your updated logo can make a huge impact.
- Can you show me some samples of your work?
- How much does a new logo cost?
- Our expert designer will collaborate with you and present 3-5 concepts.
- This project includes 20 hours of design time with 2 rounds of client revisions.
- You will receive alternate versions for differing orientations and for various usages.
- How much does a logo refresh cost?
- Our expert designer will collaborate with you to enhance your existing logo.
- This project includes 7 hours of design time with 2 rounds of client revisions.
- You will receive alternate versions for differing orientations and for various usages.
Are your photos from 2-5 years ago? If so, it’s probably time to update your brand and image with new photos of the doc and team. Building a new website is a great opportunity for a new photoshoot.
- Review our photoshoot examples
- Utilize the Photography Tips + Tricks for helpful photoshoot planning
- Invite 2-3 of your favorite patients to your photoshoot to be “model patients.” We’ve made it easy to invite them with the Patient Model Request Script.
Day of your photoshoot:
Review our top tips for what to do on the day:
- Use the Photoshoot Checklist on the day of the shoot to ensure you get as many great shots as possible
- Have your team and model patients fill out the Photo Release Form and keep for your records
BONUS: Everyone loves a good story. For each model/patient:
- Ask the photographer to take a headshot
- Encourage them to write a quick testimonial using the Patient Testimonial Worksheet (grab them while they are in the office!)
Having real photos of the doctor, team, and practice on your new website is great for building trust and gives potential patients a glimpse into who you are.
If you can’t do a photoshoot at this time, provide us anything you’ve got! Here are the types of photos we can use on your new website:
- Office photos
- Doctor photos
- Team photos
- Social media photos
- Community photos
- Family photos
- Patient selfies/portraits
- Doctor/team selfies
Gather some photos
If you don’t have actual patient photos (yet!), you can send an email to your top patients – including friends and family – and ask for their favorite selfies and portraits.
You can also make a “real” connection and build trust by including fun, casual selfies of your team! We’d love to build your site with authentic smiles and showcase your unique personalities!
Need some photo inspiration?
Take a look at these real client sites: Oak Grove Family Dentistry • Knight+Knight Dental Healthcare • Children’s Dentistry • Lake Bluff Family Dentistry
Licensed Stock Images
Alternatively, we can build your website with stock photography and update it later down the road once you’re able to do a photoshoot. Updating the website with a new photoshoot takes extra time and can be done “a la carte” or with your marketing budget. Updating a Branded Site takes 3 hours, Personalized Site takes 5 hours, and an Ultimate Site takes 7 hours.
We love adding videos to your site. Here are a few important points to note:
- Upload videos to the video hosting site of your choice, such as YouTube or Vimeo (adding actual video files to a website will slow it down and we don’t want that!)
- Once uploaded (to YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), just send us the link and we’ll take care of adding them to your website
Want a hero video? Here are a few important points to note:
- A video hero should be 5-15 seconds long
- If sending an actual video file, please have your videographer compress it as much as possible
Don’t have a video but want one? Here is how Roadside can help:
- Check out the custom videos by Roadside we can make for your practice
- Access your Videos Made Simple download with tips for shooting your own videos
Looking for video inspiration?
Take a look at some of our live sites: Karmazin Dental • Wildewood Dental • Arch Dental • Empire Dental Aesthetics
Include professional and casual photos of each doctor – and be sure to get a group shot!
Include interior and exterior shots of your practice building.
Comforts + Tech
Include your unique patient comforts and technologies.
Show some personality! Let loose and give patients a reason to connect.
Include a mix of formal individual portraits, and group shots.
Show patients what they can expect when they come to visit your dental practice.
Office + Lifestyle
These photos offer a less formal office tour and a chance to see your team in action.
Include landmarks, surrounding areas, and other notable locations.
Make it easy for your patients by providing your patient forms online. We can add your patient forms to your new website in the following formats:
- PDF format
- HIPAA compliant fillable online forms (via a Third Party, see below)
Examples of the types of patient forms you may want to add to your website:
- New Patient Forms
- Consent Forms
- Pre/Post Op Instructions
Third Party HIPAA Compliant Forms – our current faves:
Do you have any of the following features you would like linked to your website:
To properly use any third party widgets, plugins, apps, or special forms such as Lighthouse 360 or NexHealth, we need all the relevant access and information. Need help? Ask your rep to provide us with the relevant info.
In-House Membership Plan Info
Provide us with your membership plan information/brochure so we can showcase it on your website.
Check out a few of these examples to see how we can do this:
If you would like a third-party recommendation for help creating and managing a membership plan, we recommend Dental Menu or Kleer (ask us to introduce you!).
- Common third party connectors
- EMBED CODES: Many plugins or apps provide a special embed code (HTML) for our developers to place on your website. This can be found within the plugin or app.
- SERIAL CODES: To activate a purchased plugin, we may need the serial key you received at time of purchase.
- LINKS or URLs: Often we don’t need to integrate your third party app but simply need a link to the page you want us to reference.
- API KEYS: Apps linking to or incorporating other apps normally require a special API key. You can retrieve this from the app itself or the app’s administrator/developer.
- APP LOGINS: In some rare instances, we may require your apps login details to integrate an app into your website. However, if you prefer not to provide this information, then we can assist you in adding the app yourself.
Reviews & Testimonials
You can send us patient reviews and testimonials in various forms, including:
- Links to your Facebook and Google reviews
- Links to Third Party websites including BirdEye
- Video testimonials via hosting sites (YouTube/Vimeo)
- Photos of hand-written testimonials
If you’re doing a new photoshoot:
- Invite a couple of your favorite patients to join you (See the Patient Model Request Script which provides an easy outline to send them)
- Ask each “model patient” to write a quick testimonial while they’re at the office. Provide your patient(s) with this easy-to-use Patient Testimonial Worksheet. Don’t forget to take a headshot too!
Not doing a photoshoot:
Before & After Cases
Before & after photos are great for building trust as they make it easy for people to see the amazing work you do. See our Real Patient Photo Tips to see the best type of photos to display. These include:
- Teeth Photos – before & after (try to avoid retracted smiles)
- Portraits (full face) – before & after
- Lifestyle – Real life photos or selfies (if you don’t have one, send a quick email and request they send you their favorite selfie)
Do you have any awards or “best of the best” honorable mentions? If you’ve got it, flaunt it!
Patients love to see the recognition you have received. Please send us any of your accolades or awards. You can send them in the following formats:
- Award logos or badges
- Links to websites or articles
- Magazine images
- Photos of you receiving the award/accolade
Once you’ve gathered all your assets, it’s time to schedule your Design Kick-Off Call!