If you’re not using video in your dental marketing, why not? Video is TOO important to ignore. Here’s why:
Video is good for your SEO. YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google, with more than three billion searches each month. Additionally, experts predict that by 2019, video content will be the driving factor behind 85% of search traffic in the U.S. Here’s another interesting stat: Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engine results pages. The takeaway? If you’re not including video on your website and YouTube channel, you could get left in the dust.
Video increases leads and conversions. Here’s the proof:
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (source)
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users. (source)
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more. (source)
Besides the jaw-dropping increases to your SEO and conversions, video also boosts engagement on your social channels. Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. 1200%! Simply put, the numbers all support a simple truth: If your goals for business growth include increasing your organic rankings, video is worth the time and effort!
2 myths about video marketing – busted!
“It’s too time-consuming.” You may think you need to hire a video professional and block out an entire day for a video shoot. While professional video is AWESOME (if it’s on your list to do – do it!), it’s not the ONLY type of video to shoot. Simple 1-2 minute videos shot using a smartphone are amazing for social media! Extensive editing is not needed – simply capture fun moments and share them on your social platforms.
“It’s too expensive.” Think again! You can outfit your practice with a few simple and inexpensive tools to help take your smartphone videos to the next level. Here are a few of our favorites:
Mic – $20 | This simple mic plugs into an iPhone and can be swiveled to point toward whoever is speaking. While it’s not as effective as a professional lapel mic, it DOES amplify the voice of who is speaking and it also minimizes some background noise.
Tripod – $14 | Keep your phone steady while filming with this easy-to-assemble tripod. Its flexible feet can be contorted into a variety of positions, so you have a lot of control, even on uneven surfaces. It also includes a bluetooth remote.
Ring Selfie Light – $13 | This compact and lightweight light has three brightness settings and is simple to use – just clip onto your phone and start filming! It’s also great for patient photos and selfies.
Photo and Video Lighting Kit – $99 | This setup is a bit more of an investment but we highly recommend it for testimonial videos, how-to tutorials, and interviews. We use this kit for our own marketing and how-to videos and it makes a huge difference! It packs up into a small and compact case, making it easy to transport for videos out of the office. We brought it with us to the AADOM Conference, pictured above, and it was light and easy to travel with.
Video marketing ideas
Here are a few of our favorite video marketing ideas for dental practices – brainstorm and share these ideas with your team and see what kind of ideas they add to the list. The possibilities are endless!
- Interview the doctor, hygienist, and other team members.
- Film your technology doing its thing! Patients LOVE seeing a “behind the scenes” peak of how technology works.
- Address frequently asked questions from patients. For example, create an “Am I a candidate?” series for your top services.
- Simple, brief “how to” videos are a hit! Demonstrate how to floss, how to brush properly, etc.
- Be alert to capture fun, silly moments! Or, turn boring everyday moments (like unpacking a shipment) into fun videos using Boomerang or apps with fun filters.
- Film team members at community events or at continuing education giving a brief recap.
- Record a video testimonial from a happy patient.
These are just the tip of the iceberg!
Top tips for effective videos
- Choose a quiet, well-lit area and be mindful of what’s in your background. For HIPAA compliance, ensure there are no other patients, patient files, open charts, or visible screens with patient info in the shot.
- Remember to get a photo release form signed by any patients you take video of! It’s a good idea to keep release forms on hand to ask “in the moment” if they didn’t sign the release in their new patient packet.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Speak from the heart and try not to look down too much.
- Remember – this is not an infomercial! Loosen up and smile often!
- Sit or stand comfortably, use your hands when explaining, and imagine you’re speaking to a close friend behind the camera lens.
You’ve shot some videos… now what?
Share them! Upload them to your YouTube channel and optimize them (or, send them to your marketing agency to optimize for you!). Share your videos on Facebook, Instagram, and Google+. If applicable, you can also use videos on your website and in blog posts.
No time? No footage? No problem!
If you don’t have time to shoot your own videos, Roadside’s got you covered! We can create engaging marketing videos using your photographs and/or your website. With these options, you can still gain all of the SEO and conversion benefits of video, without the hassle.
The benefits? Besides improving SEO and increasing visibility, custom videos from Roadside can help you effectively promote top services. Studies show that when video and text are available on the same page, 72% of consumers prefer video to learn about a product or service. Along with that, 84% of consumers surveyed were convinced to buy a product or service after watching a brand’s video. In other words, custom videos from Roadside could help you dramatically increase acceptance of your top services!
“Increase conversions, boost SEO, and gain more treatment acceptance… all without lifting a finger? Sign me up!” Learn more about Roadside’s affordable options for custom marketing video creation here.
In summary, video marketing is too important to ignore! Creating simple, easy videos is an amazing way to connect with patients, share the human side of your practice, and build up your SEO. We’d love to hear from you: What types of videos have you used in your own dental marketing? What ideas have you and your team brainstormed together? Comment below and let us know!
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in 2012 and has been completely rewritten and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases on amazon.com. Rest assured, the opinions expressed here are 100% our own! If we recommend a product, it’s because we tried it out ourselves and loved it. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.